AGCVA and PVCC announce the Construction Kickstarter Program for those interested in a career in construction.
A Kickstarter Program provides basic construction 101 training to those interested in the trade.
Tuesdays & Thursdays | Nov. 6–Apr. 25 | 5:30-9 p.m. | PVCC Stultz Center
The program is designed to produce a well-trained, work ready, entry-level field personnel with certifications an an eagerness to grow.
Boost your paycheck by up to $200 weekly | Guaranteed interviews with AGCVA members | Pay as little as 10% of the training costs. ($200)
You will learn:
- Basic Safety
- Construction Math
- Hand Tools and Power Tools
- Construction Drawings
- Basic Rigging
- Materials Handling
- Building Materials, Fasteners and Adhesives
- Site Layout I: Differential Leveling
- Handling and Placing Concrete
- Foundations and Slab-on-Grade
- Reinforcing Concrete
- OSHA-10 Certification
- CPR and First Aid
- Workplace Readiness, Team Building and Communications
The full curriculum teaches the competencies necessary for job success in all industries and is designed for adults who want to move from entry-level jobs to a career pathway in the construction trades.
- NCCER Construction Craft Laborer Level I (135 hours)
- OSHA 10 (10 hours)
- AHA First Aid/CPR (8 hours)
- Workplace Readiness & Teamwork (24 hours)
Requirements to participate:
- Virginia residency for at least one year
- A valid driver's license
- A negative drug test
To register for class:
Contact Kathy Reid at 434.961.5330 or firstname.lastname@example.org