The Piedmont Virginia Community College Educational Foundation was established in 1982 to cultivate and provide financial and in-kind support for Piedmont Virginia Community College. The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of representatives from the business, financial, and professional areas in the communities served by the college and of administrative and faculty personnel from the college.
The Foundation is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization. Contributions to the Foundation are deductible to the extent permitted by law. The Foundation's assets are managed by the Board of Directors through the Finance and Investment Committee, and are audited annually by an independent certified public accounting firm.
The Foundation is organized and operated to foster and provide the growth, progress and general welfare of Piedmont Virginia Community College in ways including:
- Provide funds, personnel or other assistance for strengthening, developing and enlarging the college and its current and future programs
- Assist in the support of current college activities and undertakings or in the establishment and support of new activities and undertakings
- Purchase or make contributions toward the acquisition of books, supplies, and equipment or the construction of buildings and facilities, which will contribute to the educational and administrative resources of the college
- Provide scholarships for students of the college
- Generally, contribute to any and all proper projects, functions, services, and activities carried on or sponsored by the college