Information Sessions and Services
Interested in earning college credit, pursuing an Associates Degree or Career Studies Certificate? Contact the admissions team at email@example.com or 434.961.6551,or complete and submit the Information Request Form.
PVCC offers non-credit classes and short-term training for industry certification, professional development, career advancement and personal enrichment through the Workforce Services Division. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434.961.5354.
Getting Started Information Sessions
Learn more about PVCC...plan to attend a virtual (Zoom) information session. Outreach Manager Denise McClanahan will introduce degree and certificate programs, student services and other resources to help students get started at PVCC. The sessions are free and open to the public. Preregistration is required. Contact Denise McClanahan at email@example.com or 434-961-5275 to schedule a phone discussion.
Register for an upcoming online information session.
June 2020 sessions:
- Thursday, June 4, 6-7 p.m.
- Saturday, June 6, 10-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 10, 4-5 p.m.
- Thursday, June 18, 6-7 p.m.
July 2020 sessions:
- Tuesday, July 7, 6-7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 9, 6-7 p.m.
- Saturday, July 11, 10-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 15, 4-5 p.m.
- Thursday, July 23, 6-7 p.m.
August 2020 sessions:
- Tuesday, August 4, 6-7 p.m.
- Thursday, August 6, 6-7 p.m.
- Saturday, August 8, 10-11 a.m.
- Monday, August 10, 6-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 12, 4-5 p.m.
- Thursday, August 20, 6-7 p.m.
Student Orientation, Advising and Registration Sessions
Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR) is a special advising and registration session for new students at PVCC. During these sessions students receive an introduction to resources and services, and assistance registering for classes.
Attending a SOAR session is required for high school and home school graduates and non-graduates who are first time college students with an interest in pursuing a degree or certificate. All other degree-seeking students new to PVCC are encouraged to attend. Before registering for a SOAR session, prospective students must apply to PVCC and take math and English placement tests. Advanced registration is required. Contact the PVCC Admissions & Advising Center at 434.961.6581 to register.
Information Sessions for Specific Programs
- Culinary Arts
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Emergency Medical Services
- Veterans Education and Transition Services
For general inquiries, please call 434.977.3900.