WHAT IS CYBERSECURITY?
Cybersecurity is a combination of both technology and the processes that are used to protect computing systems. This includes hardware, software, data, and interactions with users. Careers in this industry are growing rapidly, as the need for public and private companies, government organizations and other entities to protect sensitive data continues to rise.
- A.A.S. Degree in Information Systems Technology: Cybersecurity Specialization
The A.A.S. degree in information systems technology with a specialization in cybersecurity is a 66-credit program that can be completed in four semesters. This degree program offers students, both new to the field and currently employed in related work, training to prepare them for a career in the rapidly growing field of cybersecurity.
- Cybersecurity Career Studies Certificate
PVCC also offers a 28-credit career studies certificate in cybersecurity that can be completed in two to three semesters. Designed as a “stackable credential,” the short-term certificate leads directly into the cybersecurity specialization degree.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE PVCC?
- Coursework prepares students to take industry certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ exams.
- Classes are taught by skilled faculty with industry experience.
- Many students may qualify to have their certification test fees waived. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
WHAT TYPES OF JOBS DOES THIS PROGRAM PREPARE YOU FOR?
BEGIN YOUR CYBERSECURITY TRAINING WHILE STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL
CATEC to PVCC Pathway
PVCC has partnered with the Charlottesville Albemarle Technical Education Center (CATEC) and CISCO Systems to offer cybersecurity training to high school students as part of CATEC's Information & Engineering Technology Academy. The Ethical Hacking program is dual enrolled with PVCC and students who successfully complete the program can receive up to 16 college credits during the two-year program. Credits transfer seamlessly to PVCC so that CATEC students can continue on to their associate degree after completing their initial classes at CATEC.
- Learn more about CATEC's Information & Engineering Technology Academy