01/14/21 - COVID-19 Testing and Testing Sites
07/01/20 - PVCC Reopening Plan
06/18/20 - PVCC Fall Semester
06/12/20 - PVCC Reopening Plans Through August 3
05/19/20 - President Friedman's Update on Summer and Fall Semesters
05/12/20 - Student Update from President Friedman
05/12/20 - Faculty and Staff Update
04/13/20 - Spring Grading Scale Update
Previous Updates (3/5 - 3/30)
PVCC and other educational institutions in Virginia are closely monitoring an outbreak of a respiratory illness caused by a new coronavirus (termed “2019-nCoV”). It was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China and continues to expand. As this is an evolving situation, we want to keep our students, faculty, staff, and visitors aware of informational and health resources available to them. The World Health Organization, CDC, and local health departments deem the risk to the American public to be low; however, there are precautions we can take to prevent the spread of the disease at home, at work and at PVCC.
You can help prevent the spread of viruses, including the coronavirus, by following the following recommendations:
- If you have a fever, stay home. Symptoms of the virus include fever, cough, and trouble breathing, and can appear anywhere from two to 14 days after exposure. Anyone experiencing symptoms should visit a doctor immediately.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Many of these hygiene awareness practices such as washing your hands, using alcohol-based hand sanitizer, covering your cough, and not sharing drinks or food can help prevent the spread of germs in general.
For more information from the Virginia Department of Health and the CDC on the Novel Coronavirus, please see links below:
- VDH - Fact Sheet for Coronaviruses
- CDC - 2019 Novel Coronavirus FAQ
- CDS - 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- World Health Organization - Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
- Virginia Department of Health Coronavirus Summary (Updated Monday, Wednesday, and Friday)
Protect Yourself and Others from Getting Sick.