03/30/20 - Update from President Friedman
03/27/20 - Spring Grading Policy Update - (attachment, Message from Chancellor DuBois)
03/24/20 - VCCS Chancellor Sets Pass/No Pass Grading for Spring
03/23/20 - Update for Faculty and Staff
03/23/20 - Coronavirus Update for Students
03/17/20 - Update to PVCC Response to COVID-19
03/16/20 - Update for PVCC Students
03/15/20 - Faculty and Staff Update
03/13/20 - President Friedman Update
03/12/20 - Classes, Services and Events
03/11/20 - Student, Faculty and Staff Update
03/09/20 - Plans for Pandemic
03/05/20 - Best Practices
03/05/20 - PVCC Faculty/Staff and Student Travel Advisory
PVCC and other educational institutions in Virginia are closely monitoring an outbreak of a respiratory illness caused by a new coronavirus (termed “2019-nCoV”). It was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China and continues to expand. As this is an evolving situation, we want to keep our students, faculty, staff, and visitors aware of informational and health resources available to them. The World Health Organization, CDC, and local health departments deem the risk to the American public to be low; however, there are precautions we can take to prevent the spread of the disease at home, at work and at PVCC.
You can help prevent the spread of viruses, including the coronavirus, by following the following recommendations:
- If you have a fever, stay home. Symptoms of the virus include fever, cough, and trouble breathing, and can appear anywhere from two to 14 days after exposure. Anyone experiencing symptoms should visit a doctor immediately.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Many of these hygiene awareness practices such as washing your hands, using alcohol-based hand sanitizer, covering your cough, and not sharing drinks or food can help prevent the spread of germs in general.
For more information from the Virginia Department of Health and the CDC on the Novel Coronavirus, please see links below:
- VDH - Fact Sheet for Coronaviruses
- CDC - 2019 Novel Coronavirus FAQ
- CDS - 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- World Health Organization - Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
- Virginia Department of Health Coronavirus Summary (Updated Monday, Wednesday, and Friday)
Protect Yourself and Others from Getting Sick.