08/15/222 - Covid-19 Update
PVCC and other educational institutions in Virginia continue to closely monitor the respiratory illness caused by the coronavirus (termed “2019-nCoV”), and variants of this virus. As this is an evolving situation, we want to keep our students, staff, faculty and visitors aware of available information and health resources.
PVCC regularly reviews information made available by the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health departments for updates on the virus and on the precautions we can take to prevent the spread of the disease at home, at work and at PVCC.
You can help prevent the spread of viruses, including the coronavirus, by following these recommendations:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Many of these hygiene awareness practices such as washing your hands, using alcohol-based hand sanitizer, covering your cough, and not sharing drinks or food can help prevent the spread of germs in general.
Information and Community Resources
For more information from the Virginia Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on the novel coronavirus and variants, visit:
- Virginia Department of Health (VDH) - Fact Sheet for Coronaviruses
- VDH - Blue Ridge Health District Data Portal
- VDH - Covid-19 in Virginia
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - Omicron Variant
- CDC - 2019 Novel Coronavirus FAQ
- CDC - 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- World Health Organization - Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
- VDH Coronavirus Summary (Updated Monday, Wednesday, and Friday)
Protect Yourself and Others from Getting Sick.