Career Pathways Expo
Fridays, March 5, 12, 19 & 26, 2021
Open to 9th-12th graders
Registration begins March 1 at your school.
March 5, 1-2 p.m. Motivational Speakers - Jack Walker & Katie Cronin
The 8th annual Career Pathways Expo is offered by KidsCollege @ PVCC, Albemarle, Charlottesville, Louisa, Nelson County school systems, and local employers like you.
- Explore a wide range of career opportunities through interactive local employer sessions
- Learn about the financial consequences of future job choices (labor market demand and salary ranges)
- Understand how education and training, career choice, and student loans impact personal finances
- Meet higher education and training reps
Students can register directly through their local high school.
You can be eligible to win the following prizes by joining the live sessions, asking questions and playing the UVA Community Credit Union’s Real Life Challenge.
Gift cards to Chick-Fil-a, Starbucks, Bodo’s, Target, Amazon, MarieBette and swag from local companies.
Parents can win vouchers for the following class as well as additional gift card prizes for parents from Wegmans, Amazon, Target, Starbucks, MarieBette
- Become Confident & Assertive
- Better Interpersonal Communication
- Branding Yourself with Social Media
- Introduction to Information Security Management
- Introduction to Online Learning
- Introduction to Leadership
- Advanced Google Analytics
- Boosting Your Website Traffic
- Business Coaching Certificate
- Business Writing
- Change in the Workplace
- Change Management Skills
- Collaborative Management
- Conflict Management
- Developing Leadership Skills
- Developing Your Professional Career
- Effective Copywriting
- Entrepreneur Boot Camp
- Extraordinary Customer Service
- Generational Learning Styles for K-12 Teachers
- Getting Started in Sales
- Graphic Design for Visual Presentations
- Introduction to Leading Virtual Teams
- Introduction to Project Management
- Introduction to Social Media
- Leadership Principles
- LinkedIn for Business
- Management Boot Camp
- Managing Generations in the Workplace
- Mastering Computer Skills for the Workplace
- Mastering Microsoft Excel
- Negotiation: Get What You Want
- New 21st Century Strategies for Productivity
- Productivity eTools: Be Organized and Get Stuff Done
- Spanish for Medical Professionals
- Stress Management in the Workplace
- Students with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- The Basics of Bookkeeping
Students have said:
“This was great. I learned about jobs that I didn’t even know existed!”
“I like the real life financial challenge and that there were so many careers to learn about.”
“For me, the highlight was hearing people talk passionately about their jobs.”
Homeschooled students are welcome to join us for a $5 fee. Register for the expo below:
Employer Showcase Information
Showcase your business, internship opportunities and your career field.
Help local 9th-12th graders learn about opportunities in your industry.
Sign up for your time slot with CUED-in:
Questions? Please contact Laura Baxter, email@example.com.