Office of Student Engagement & Student Life
About Office of Student Engagement & Student Life
This office is responsible for coordinating and implementing the policies and procedures pertaining to the operation of campus organizations and activities. If you don't find what you need on this Web site, contact this office to find out what types of student programs have been established at PVCC. If you feel that a need is not being met, tell someone about it or better yet, do something about it! Suggestions and requests for social, cultural, recreational and co-curricular activities are most welcome.
Virtual Activities and Socially-Distanced Programming
Although social distancing may be new to many of us, the Office of Student Engagement & Student Life is committed to providing our students with new and exciting activities that can done virtually anywhere. Below is the working list of activities and events planned for the fall semester. More details will be available soon.
- 9/17 Fitness trails reopening
- 9/30 PVCC Disc Golf Course opens
- 9/30 Faculty/Staff vs. Student Tennis Competition
- 10/1 Run with Dean Renshaw begins (weekly, Thursdays 3-4pm)
- 10/7 Virtual Club Day
- 10/8 Virtual Club Day
- 10/9 Drive-In Movie
- 10/21 SGA sponsored event
- 10/24 Fantasy Football League Competition begins
- 11/11 SGA Veteran’s Club sponsored event for Veteran’s Day
- 11/16 SFRC Thanksgiving Event
- 11/18 SGA sponsored event (STEM Month)
- 11/20 Drive-In Movie
- 11/30 Toy Lift collection
- 12/1-12/15 25 Days of Giving w/SGA
Student activity hour on campus is held every Monday and Wednesday 11:50 a.m.-12:50 p.m. in the fall and spring semesters. A variety of concerts, motivational speakers, socials and other free activities that are planned by the Office of Student Activities are held during this time and sometimes student clubs and organizations also meet.
|Museums to Visit in Dubai|
Vouchers - Free Admission to Featured Events in the V. Earl Dickinson Building
Payment of the student activity fee when you register for classes entitles you to vouchers that offer free admission to selected events in PVCC's regular season of fine arts and performances in the V. Earl Dickinson Building. Pick up the vouchers at the Receptionist Desk at the South entrance to the Main Building. Redeem the vouchers for free tickets at the PVCC Box Office in the V. Earl Dickinson Building. The Box Office is open two hours before the start of each show.
To find out when student activities and events are scheduled...
- Check the online PVCC Events Calendar. It's updated weekly.
- Visit PVCC Fine Arts and Performances or pick up the season brochure, available in the Admissions & Advising Center and other places around campus.
- Watch the announcements on the closed-circuit flat-screen TV monitors. In the Main Building, these are located at the South entrance and in the Bolick Student Center. In the V. Earl Dickinson Building, the monitor is in the commons area.
- Check the bulletin boards in the Bolick Student Center located in the Main Building and in the commons area of the V. Earl Dickinson Building.