PVCC's Admissions & Advising Center, located at the South entrance of the College, is ready to assist you as the first point of contact for all prospective and new students. The Admissions & Advising Center's staff can explain the admissions and registration process at the College, process transcript requests, determine residency status, and arrange for you to tour the campus. They also maintain student records, including name changes and social security numbers. Additionally, they can refer you to other Student Services offices on campus, such as the Student Success Office, Career Services, Veterans Services, Disability Services, and the Great Expectations program for current and former foster care youth.
The Admissions & Advising Center is ready to assist you with any questions that you may have while you are a student at PVCC. To schedule an appointment with an advisor, call the Admissions & Advising Center at 434.961.6581.
Prepare for your meeting with an advisor.
- Review the requirements for your academic program and develop a list of questions. Curriculum requirements can be found online at PVCC Programs. You can also access and print your advising report, which is found in your MyPVCC.
- Write down or memorize your student identification number (EMPL ID).
- Bring any additional information that may be useful during the advising session such as test scores and unofficial transcripts from previously attended schools.
- Realistically assess work, family, and outside obligations for the upcoming semester.
- Begin to think about your occupational and educational goals. If you need assistance in this area, you may want to also schedule an appointment with Career Services.
- For assistant with payment and/or Financial Aid, review the Pay for PVCC page.
In addition to general advising, PVCC offers transfer advising for students that intend to transfer to a four-year college or university. For more information and resources, visit the Transfer Information page.
Transcript Evaluation, Test Credits, and Credit for Non-Traditional Learning
If you are a current student enrolled in a program, you may receive transferrable credit toward your program. For more information, review the Transfer Credit to PVCC page.