NEW ONLINE RESOURCE FOR VETERANS & MILITARY STUDENTS
On Friday, Nov. 10, 2017, the Virginia Community College System (VCCS) launched CREDITS2CAREERS (C2C), a new online academic and career portal for veterans and active duty military members. C2C is designed specifically for prospective military and veteran students and will provide prospective students with multiple academic pathways to apply their previous educational and military experience towards academic programs offered at VCCS schools like PVCC.
C2C is a personalized virtual counseling tool that will provide military-connected users the ability to:
- Easily and quickly create an electronic portfolio of military, work, and educational experience. The system will extract and record all components of their military career for which credit can be granted by VCCS colleges based on their military transcripts
- Augment the portfolio with additional courses, examinations, credentials, or other achievements
- Learn about programs and classes offered by VCCS colleges for any career, as well as earning potential for the specific geographic area where they are interested in relocating or living
- Access virtual job and career information including a virtual resume builder and a comprehensive national database of jobs specific to the geographic area where they are interested in relocating or living
ACCESS CREDITS2CAREERS VETERANS PORTAL
To access Credits2Careers, visit www.credits2careers.org or click on the icon below.
VETS informaTIon sessions for spring semester 2018
VETS (Veterans Education and Transition Services) information sessions for veterans and service members interested in attending PVCC and registering for spring semester classes will be held on Wednesdays from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. at the following dates:
- Wednesday, November 15, 2017
- Wednesday, December 6, 2017
- Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- Wednesday, January 3, 2018
- Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Space is limited so schedule your visit today! If you are unable to find a time that works for you, please contact Jackie Fisher at email@example.com. All sessions will be held on PVCC's Main Campus at 501 College Drive in Charlottesville.
During the free sessions, attendees will receive assistance with applying for veteran’s educational benefits and financial aid, applying to PVCC, understanding in-state tuition military exceptions, registering for classes and selecting a program of study. Important information about placement tests, career services, transfer of college credits, selecting a major, and more will be available.
APPLY ONLINE FOR VA EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS (BOTH VETERANS AND DEPENDENTS)
To find out what specific educational benefits you may be eligible to receive, please call the information service at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) at 800.827.1000 or 888.442.4551. You may also visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Web site for more information.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE MILITARY & VETERANS ADVISOR
Military and Veterans Advisor
Main Building, Rm. M132E