International Students

The International Club is just one of over 40 clubs at PVCC.

You will quickly feel at home in the multicultural student community at PVCC, and our International Club offers opportunities for social and academic interaction with fellow students from many different countries. PVCC is approved by the Immigration and Naturalization Services of the U.S. Department of Justice to enroll international students.

How to Enroll as an International Student at PVCC (F-1 Visa)

If you are applying for an F-1 student visa, you will need an I-20 form from PVCC. To request an I-20 form, submit the following application materials at least 60 days prior to the beginning of the term you wish to study at PVCC:

  • Download and complete PVCC's PDF icon International Student Packet.
  • Send official transcripts to PVCC. All academic records should be translated into English.
  • Submit a notarized or certified statement verifying financial support. This form is included in the International Student Packet.
  • Submit qualifying scores for the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) if English is not your native language. See the International Student Packet

PVCC will notify you of your acceptance to the College after we receive all your materials. If you are accepted and PVCC issues you an I-20, you must maintain full-time student status by taking at least 12 credit hours each semester. Typically, two and one-half years is the maximum period you are certified under F-1 student status.

If you come to the United States on a temporary or student visa, you are considered a non-resident for tuition purposes, regardless of your length of stay, payment of taxes or ownership of property.

If you acquire a student visa from another College, you will not be considered for admission to PVCC until you have successfully completed one semester or term at the institution to which you were originally accepted. You must also present a written release from the institution indicating that you are academically eligible to return.

If you have questions about studying at PVCC on another type of visa, please email the Admissions & Advising Center or call 434.961.6551.

Students with Other Visas

Any person with a visa other than an F-1 should follow the appropriate adult or high school student steps to enrollment. Students need to submit a copy of the visa to the Admissions & Advising Center. If the visa has expired, a copy of the receipt notice or a new visa must be submitted.

Undocumented Students

It is the policy of PVCC to admit applicants who are immigrants residing in Virginia who have graduated from a Virginia high school with a high school diploma or equivalent, even if they are not able to document their legal presence. These applicants will pay tuition at the out-of-state rate.