KidsCollege at PVCC 2018 Summer STEM & Arts Academies
9 weeks / 116 Academies / 3 locations - PVCC, CATEC, and Fluvanna
See our How to register page for more information.
- Over 60% NEW STEM & Arts academies
- Early Bird Discount if registered by April 2
- STEM: Virtual Reality, Arduino, Coding, Drones, Engineering, Minecraft, Physics, Small Engines, App.io, Roblox, Rocketry, Robotics, and more!
- ARTS: Photography, Acting, Drawing, Dance, 3D Art, Fashion Design, (Almost) Glassblowing, Rock Band, Sculpture, iPad Movies, Mixed Media and more!
- Exciting instructional partners: Black Rocket, McGuffey Art Center, Piedmont Launch Rocket Club, Open Bio Labs, Drobots Company
- KidsCollege at CATEC: STEM & Technical academies in cooking and cupcake decorations, firefighting, engineering, physics, beauty & hair, certification in CPR/First Aid, Auto maintenance/tech and more!
- KidsCollege at Fluvanna: STEM & Arts in Coding, Cooking, Physics, CSI, Arts, Minecraft, Construction and more!
- High Schoolers: ACE (assistant counselor education) job and leadership training
- Special Health Science Academy at Martha Jefferson Hospital.
Happy Students & Happy Parents!
“My son became even more passionate about science!”
“It was AWESOME! Don’t change anything. I loved all the things I could invent with 3D printing.”
“The teacher really let me express my feelings and develop my own designs.”
“Tell all the people that help with the scholarships that it really means a lot to us.”
- Over 115 enriching, fun and educational hands-on morning and afternoon workshops.
- Weeklong and project-based Academies provide an in-depth exploration into STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) and Arts areas.
- Taught by experienced instructors with expanded support from summer counselors.
- Half or full day! Bring a lunch and stay all day with our After-Academy Club.
- Last day student presentations. Students receive a Certificate of Completion and a PVCC student ID.
- 10th-12th Grade ACE (Assistant Counselor Education) leadership program.
- Academies located at PVCC and CATEC.