KidsCollege @ PVCC 2017 Summer STEM & Arts Academies
9 weeks / 116 Academies / 3 locations - PVCC, CATEC, and Fluvanna
- Over 40% NEW STEM & Arts academies
- 1601 Total Enrollments
- New! 98 Enrollments of rising 7th-10th graders in STEM & Technical academies at the KidsCollege @ CATEC program
- 271 enrollments, and 81% increase at KidsCollege @ Fluvanna
- New! 29 Southwood students participate at PVCC
- 263 full & 205 partial scholarships, an 81% Increase in scholarship support
Happy Campers and Happy Parents!
“My son became even more passionate about science!”
“It was AWESOME! Don’t change anything. I loved all the things I could invent with 3D printing.”
“The teacher really let me express my feelings and develop my own designs.”
“Tell all the people that help with the scholarships that it really means a lot to us.”
- Over 100 enriching, fun and educational hands-on morning and afternoon workshops.
- Weeklong and project-based Academies provide an in-depth exploration into STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) and Arts areas.
- Taught by experienced instructors with expanded support from summer counselors.
- Half or full day! Bring a lunch and stay all day with our After-Academy Club.
- Last day student presentations. Students receive a Certificate of Completion and a PVCC student ID.
- 10th-12th Grade ACE (Assistant Counselor Education) leadership program.
- Academies located at PVCC and CATEC.