Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) is the leading international honor society for two-year colleges. PVCC’s chapter is officially named Alpha Epsilon Tau. An integral component of PVCC's PTK chapter is community service through participation in toy and food drives, charity walks, assistance to local and national victims of natural disasters, landscape maintenance of PVCC's campus and many other service initiatives.
Benefits of PTK
- Access to scholarships, conventions and seminars.
- At the PVCC graduation ceremony, PTK members wear a gold satin stole and gold and blue cording over their graduation gowns and a yellow tassel on their graduation cap.
- PTK members are recognized college-wide by the college president, vice-president of Instruction and other college administrators, faculty and staff at a special Induction Ceremony/Picnic in the Spring of the year.
two ways to join
- Send a completed application by the deadline stated below with the $80 enrollment fee to:
Mr. Bruce Robinson or Dr. Kit Decker
Alpha Epsilon Tau Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa
501 College Drive
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
Checks are payable to PVCC.
Fall semester: Last day of class
Spring semester: Last day of class
- Accept invitation online » click here «
PVCC students must complete and submit an application for membership, be in good standing and meet the academic requirements detailed below.
For students with 12-30 credit hours in a program of study at PVCC:
- Be enrolled full time at PVCC during the semester she/he becomes a member.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.50.
For students with more than 30 credit hours in a program of study at PVCC:
- Be enrolled full or part time at PVCC during the semester she/he becomes a member.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.25.
For more information, contact the PTK Chapter Advisors
Bruce Robinson, Associate Professor of Information Technology
Business, Mathematics & Technologies Division
Main Building, Room M817
Kit Decker, Professor of Spanish
Humanities, Fine Arts & Social Sciences Division
Dickinson Building, Room D209
President - Kane Springer
VP of Service - J'Air Rawlings
VP of Fellowship - Sofie Mann
VP of Communications - Clarissa Ribeiro Bittes
VP of Scholarship - Marissa Hall