The goal of PVCC’s Stormwater Management Program is to ensure that stormwater generated on the College’s campus does not adversely affect surface or groundwater on campus or downstream.
PVCC is one of several local entities responsible for implementing a municipal stormwater program under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System administered by the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).
The Program Plan describes how PVCC intends to meet specific requirements in the following six categories called Minimum Control Measures (MCM):
· public education and outreach
· public involvement and participation
· illicit discharge detection and elimination
· construction site stormwater runoff control
· post-construction stormwater management in new development and redevelopment
· pollution prevention / good housekeeping
Please visit the links below for more information.
If you observe an illicit discharge into a PVCC storm drain, please contact Timothy Woodson at (434) 961.5447 or .