Employment at TLC
At the Learning Center, we offer employment opportunities to students, former students and members of the community. There are two ways you can get involved at the Learning Center.
Would you like to:
- Help students who are struggling with concepts or processes in certain academic subjects?
- Help students who simply want to strengthen their knowledge?
- Become eligible for certification from the National Tutoring Association?
Are you willing to:
- Attend training sessions and follow established procedures to become nationally certified as a tutor?
- Attend tutor meetings?
- Be responsible, reliable, patient and attuned to the needs of tutees?
Tutors typically specialize in a few subjects about which they feel the most knowledgeable. If you are interested in tutoring, please fill out this application and submit it with accompanying documents to TLC in room 609.
Academic coaches are similar to tutors in that they help students to do well in their studies. An academic coach is really a tutor in the "how to be a good student" subject. Coaches must have all the qualities of a tutor along with the ability to pinpoint a student's individual learning style and lifestyle pattern. Coaches help students find what reading, writing, note taking, studying and test taking strategies work best for them.
If you are interested in academic coaching, please fill out an application. If any openings occur, we will call you to set up an interview.
Current Center Staff: Log into TutorTrac here.