Faculty members may request that a librarian be embedded in their Blackboard course and/or library instruction for their classes. Please use the forms linked below to request these services. You will be prompted to log into iNet in order to complete the form.
Faculty members may place books, folders, study guides and videos on reserve for their classes. Reserve items are kept at the circulation desk and may be checked out for use in the library. There is a two-hour time limit on reserve items. The library does not renew or accept hold requests for reserve items. A link to the course reserve catalog is available through the PVCC Jessup Library Catalog.
Zero- and Low-Cost Course Designations: Guidelines
This document provides useful definitions and guidelines for faculty members interested in incorporating free material into their courses.
If you would like to recommend print and non-print materials for purchase by the library, please email the Coordinator of Library Services, Crystal Newell.
Mail and Shipping Services
Other PVCC locations
Faculty/staff members or students at off-campus sites may request to have materials, including books owned by the library and interlibrary loans, sent to the site through courier.
Outside the service region
Books may be mailed to currently-enrolled students who live outside the College service area, which includes the counties of Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa and Nelson, the northern part of Buckingham County and the City of Charlottesville. If the student attends classes at the main campus, they may visit the library to check out books or other materials.
The library can ship work-related items via UPS on behalf of faculty/staff. Please follow the guidelines below.
UPS Shipping Schedule
- All materials that need to be shipped through UPS must be brought to the library by 2 p.m. to ensure that the package will be picked up for delivery.
- If packages are brought to the library after 2 p.m., library staff will prepare a pouch and shipping label. The sender is responsible for taking the package to the UPS store.
- There is no UPS pick-up on Friday while the College is on summer schedule. Any packages dropped off after 2 p.m. on Thursday or on Friday will be sent the following Monday.
- Alternatively, the library staff will prepare a pouch and shipping label. The sender is responsible for taking the package to the UPS store.
- The sender is responsible for filling out a shipping request form which provides details on how the package should be sent.
Packaging and Shipping
- The library only supplies 14.75" by 11" padded pouches for shipping. The library staff will ship items that require larger packaging, but will not locate larger pouches or boxes. This is the responsibility of the sender.
- The library can ship packages ground service, next day air, next day air early morning or second day air, depending on the request of the sender. If the senders do not specify how they would like their materials shipped, the library staff will ship the package ground service.
Records and Delivery Receipts
- The library will retain records of UPS deliveries for three years. Neither the library nor UPS can retrieve records older than three years. For questions about records, contact Avie Thacker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- UPS only provides electronic delivery receipts. At the sender's request, the library can send an electronic delivery confirmation receipt.
- Senders must include their phone number and email address when they leave a package with the library.
Incorrect Deliveries, Service Delays, and Package Damage
- To ensure that packages arrive correctly and without service delays, the sender should provide as much shipping information as possible, including: company name, name of a company contact, street address (UPS will not deliver to a PO Box), city, state, and a zip code. Including an email address and phone number for a company contact is not required by UPS, but is helpful to the UPS driver in case any issues with delivery occur.
- If any service delays occur because a sender relays incorrect shipping information to library staff, it is the responsibility of that individual to contact UPS and ensure that the package is delivered to the correct address.
- If any service delays occur because the library staff gave incorrect shipping information to UPS, then the library staff will work to correct the error by contacting UPS and ensuring that the package is delivered correctly.
- Any service delays that occur due to circumstances beyond the library or UPS's control (inclement weather, etc.) should be handled by the sender contacting UPS.
- UPS does not provide insurance for its packages, and the company's liability is limited to $100.00. If a package is damaged during delivery, it is the responsibility of the sender to contact UPS with complaints or concerns.
USPS & FedEx Shipping
- FedEx shipping is the responsibility of the sender; the library does not ship or provide packaging for FedEx shipping.
- USPS packages may be taken by the sender to PVCC's mail center in the Business Office area.