The internship program at PVCC offers work experience in business, industry, government, nonprofits or professional associations while you are enrolled as a student at PVCC. Practical work experience coupled with your academic studies can help you achieve your career goals and educational objectives.
- Internships may be paid or unpaid.
- You also may use your current employer as an internship site, provided the work you perform is related to your program of study and includes new learning experiences and objectives.
How do I get STARTED WITH an internship?
- Review the Student Information Packet below.
- Research internship opportunities. Click "View Internship Positions" above. Consider internship opportunities available through your professional network.
- Register online for the free, one-hour Mandatory Internship Orientation Class. View class dates on the Career Services Calendar. THE NEXT CLASS WILL BE HELD IN NOVEMBER 2015 FOR SPRING SEMESTER INTERNSHIP REGISTRATION. STUDENTS SEEKING TO BEGIN A FALL 2015 INTERNSHIP SHOULD CONTACT MARYA CHOBY AT MCHOBY@PVCC.EDU.
The Mandatory Internship Orientation Class answers all of your internship questions. Including:
- How an internship can help you get a job
- Which employers utilize PVCC interns and how to get an internship
- The internship course registration process
- How many hours a week you will work to earn credits
- Other academic requirements you will be expected to complete during the semester
- How to make a lasting positive impression at your internship
- How to update your resume to showcase your academic accomplishments
VIEW SITE SUPERVISOR / FACULTY INFORMATION PACKETS