Make an appointment with a Career Counselor to explore career options.
Email, call 434.961.5264 or stop by the Career Services Office in Room M128 in PVCC's Main Building. Our Career Counselors will collaborate with you on the following:
- Career Assessment - Who Am I? Based on your individual interests, attitudes and values, you'll discover which career areas are your most compatible possibilities.
- Career Exploration - Where Am I Going? Learn more about your career possibilities through online and printed resources. We'll also advise you about a suitable program of study that can direct you toward your career of choice.
Our Career Services Manager will help you:
- Job Search - How Do I Get There? You'll learn job-search strategies, how to prepare your resume, cover letters and job applications and how to interview and negotiate a salary.
- Arrange an Internship - An internship integrates classroom study with work-related experience in business, industry, government, nonprofits or professional associations.
- Arrange a Work-Study Position - A work-study position is a part-time job at PVCC for students who have qualified for work-study through PVCC's Financial Aid Office.
Explore career and labor market resources.
PVCC Job Occupational Outlook by Degree Program
America's Career Infonet
Bureau of Labor Statistics
How To Become Any Career
Learn How To Become: Find Your Dream Career
Virginia Education Wizard
What Can I Do With This Major?
Explore careers by discipline.
Careers in Art - The Art Career Project
Education Careers - Education Careers Info.com
Health and Medical Science Careers - National Institutes of Health
Public Service Careers - Careers that promote and support the well-being of the general public