Not sure what kind of job or career you want? Undecided about what to do with your life? Take advantage of PVCC's Career Services Office. The services are free for all PVCC students. Contact us for an appointment by email or call 434.961.5264. We are located in room M129 in PVCC's Main Building. Our careers counselors will collaborate with you on the following:
- Career Assessment - Who Am I? Based on your individual interests, skills and values, you'll discover which career areas are your most compatible possibilities.
- Career Exploration - Where Am I Going? Learn more about your career possibilities through online and printed resources. We'll also advise you about a suitable program of study that can direct you toward your career of choice.
- Job Search - How Do I Get There? You'll learn job-search strategies, how to prepare your resume, cover letters and job applications and how to interview and negotiate a salary.
- Arrange an Internship - An internship integrates classroom study with work-related experience in business, industry, government, nonprofits or professional associations.
- Arrange a Work-Study Position - A work-study position is a part-time job at PVCC for students who have qualified for work-study through PVCC's Financial Aid Office.
Students and prospective students may find the information resources of the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) of use in planning for college and careers. SCHEV has created an institutional profile for each Virginia public college and university, and for each independent college or university participating in the Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant Program. Our profile is available here.
We offer a range of services to help you recruit employees from among the many talented, qualified students at PVCC.