An Academic Coach helps you figure out how, when and where you best learn. Coaches work with you to build learning and study skills for college-level achievement while managing the time and stress of sometimes-complicated lives.
Your coach will help you with your individual needs.
- One-on-one meetings
- Set goals for the semester
- Reading skills
- Writing skills
- Study skills
- Test taking skills
- Time and stress management
Coaches work with your skills and will refer you to subject-matter tutors and other support services when needed.
PVCC students may also watch the following online workshops (click workshop title to access):
Academic & Career Exploration
- What It Takes To Be A Successful Student
- Creating Your College Bucket List: Explore, Experience, Succeed
Learning To Learn
- Study Tips & Note-Taking Strategies
- How To Reduce Test Anxiety
- Learning Strategies Every Student Should Know
- Exam Preparation Tips & Test-Taking Strategies
- How To Overcome Math Anxiety
- Time Management: Strategies For Success
- Overcoming Procrastination: Causes & Cures
- Financial Literacy: Smart Money Skills For College & Beyond
- Setting & Accomplishing Realistic Goals