Sign up for SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising and Registration) to GET enrollED in fall 2017 semester.
- REQUIRED for high school and home school 2017 graduates
- REQUIRED for non-2017 graduates who are first-time college students with an interest in pursuing a degree/certificate
- Strongly encouraged for all other degree-seeking students new to PVCC
Before attending a SOAR session, you are REQUIRED to complete these 3 steps:
- Apply now to PVCC at www.pvcc.edu/apply.
- Take the math and English placement tests in the PVCC Testing Center (Main Building, Room M607). No appointment is required. See the PVCC Testing Center hours. There are other ways (e.g. sufficient SAT scores, sufficient high school GPA with specific coursework, etc.) to demonstrate your math and English levels instead of taking a placement test. To determine if you are eligible for one of these exceptions, contact the Admissions & Advising Center at 434.961.6581 or 434.961.5264 or refer to the High School/Career Coach Contact Directory.
- Register in advance for a SOAR session by contacting the Admissions & Advising Center at 434.961.6581 or 434.961.5264 or refer to the High School/Career Coach Contact Directory.
NOTE: Please make sure that you receive confirmation from a PVCC staff member that you have officially registered for a SOAR session in case you leave a voicemail message.
Due to limited space, please bring no more than one guest (if you choose to bring a guest). However, please note that guests will be excused from the SOAR session much earlier than the students.
PVCC Campus, Dickinson Building
501 College Dr., Charlottesville
One of the following 2017 dates (a complimentary pizza lunch will be provided):
- Thursday, May 25 (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Thursday, June 8 (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Saturday, June 24 (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Thursday, June 29 (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Thursday, July 13 (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Saturday, July 22 (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Thursday, August 3 (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Saturday, August 12 (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.)