Sign up for SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising and Registration) to GET enrollED in fall 2016 semester.
- REQUIRED for high school and home school 2016 graduates
- REQUIRED for non-2016 graduates who are first-time college students with an interest in pursuing a degree/certificate
- Strongly encouraged for all other degree-seeking students new to PVCC
Before attending a SOAR session, you are REQUIRED to complete these 3 steps:
- Apply now to PVCC at www.pvcc.edu/apply.
- Take the math and English placement tests in the PVCC Testing Center (Main Building, Room M607). No appointment is required. See the PVCC Testing Center hours. Instead of taking the math placement test, submit math SAT scores of 520 or higher (must be within the past 2 years). Instead of taking the English placement test, submit SAT scores of 500 or higher in BOTH Critical Reading and Writing (must be within the past two years).
- Register in advance for a SOAR session by contacting the Admissions & Advising Center at 434.961.6581 or 434.961.5264 or refer to the High School/Career Coach Contact Directory.
NOTE: Please make sure that you receive confirmation from a PVCC staff member that you have officially registered for a SOAR session in case you leave a voicemail message.
Due to limited space, please bring no more than one guest.
PVCC Campus, Main Building
501 College Dr., Charlottesville
or other location if indicated below
One of the following 2016 dates:
- Thursday, May 26 (9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, June 2 (5:30 - 9 p.m.)
- Thursday, June 9 (9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, June 15 (9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.) at Giuseppe Center
- Thursday, June 16 (1 - 4:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, June 23 (5:30 - 9 p.m.)
- Thursday, June 30 (9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, July 7 (9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, July 14 (5:30 - 9 p.m.)
- Thursday, July 21 (1 - 4:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, July 28 (9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, August 4 (5:30 - 9 p.m.)
- Thursday, August 11 (9 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.)