Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- CTE (Career & technical education programs for job training)
The Surgical Technology Certificate at Piedmont Virginia Community College is a three-semester program that prepares you for an entry-level job as a surgical technologist and member of a surgical team. During the last semester of the program, students can become nationally certified by taking the Certified Surgical Technologist Exam given by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Medical & Surgical Hospitals
- Offices of Physicians
- Surgical Outpatient Centers
Additional Program Information:
After applying to PVCC, students must also Apply to the Surgical Technology Program. Completion of general education courses is one criteria used to make admissions decisions. The deadline for applying to the Surgical Technology program for fall 2014 has passed. The application for fall 2015 will reopen February 1, 2015. The application deadline is May 15, 2015.
Printable Surgical Technology Certificate Requirements.
Information Sessions for Fall 2015 Admission:
- Wednesday, November 5, 2:00 p.m. (room K106)
- Wednesday, December 10, 2:00 p.m. (room K106)
- Wednesday, January 14, 3:00 p.m. (room K210)
- Wednesday, February 11, 3:00 p.m. (room K210)
- Wednesday, March 11, 3:00 p.m. (room K210)