Degree Type:Associate of Science Degree
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- Transfer Degree
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
The Associate of Science degree in Physical and Natural Sciences - Science Specialization at Piedmont Virginia Community College prepares you for transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor's degree. PVCC has guaranteed transfer agreements with top colleges and universities that guarantee admission to PVCC graduates who meet specific academic transfer criteria.
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Biomedical Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- K-12 Instructor
Additional Program Information:
Students entering all transfer degree programs are required to take one Writing Intensive Course, which has a prerequisite of ENG 111 and ENG 112, in order to graduate. Approved Writing Intensive Courses are specified with a "WI" section designation.
- BIO 106, CHM 101, CHM 102, NAS 131 and NAS 132 cannot be used to satisfy the Science w/Laboratory in this degree program.
- Students planning to transfer as biology majors should take BIO 101/102 in their first year
- Students planning to transfer as chemistry majors should take CHM 111/112 in their first year
- BIO 141/142 are recommended for students planning to transfer in pre-professional programs such as Nursing, Medicine, Dentistry, Physical Therapy or Physician Assistant programs.
- List of courses that fulfill the requirement for Humanities, Social Science, Mathematics, and Science w/Laboratory Electives can be found in the Science Degree Requirements.
- To meet the Humanities Elective requirement for this program, no more than one introductory foreign language course (101 or 102 level) may be used.
Printable Science Degree Requirements.