Degree Type:Associate of Science Degree
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- Transfer Degree
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
This program results in the Associate of Science degree in Physical and Natural Sciences - Science Specialization, which prepares you for transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor's degree. PVCC has guaranteed transfer agreements with top colleges and universities that guarantee admission to PVCC graduates who meet specific academic transfer criteria.
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Biomedical Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- K-12 Instructor
Additional Program Information:
Students entering all transfer degree programs are required to take one Writing Intensive Course in order to graduate. The Writing Intensive Course prerequisites are ENG 111 and ENG 112. Approved Writing Intensive Courses (sections MUST be specified): ENG 242, ENG 253, ENG 243, HUM 201/202, PHI 100, HIS 101, SOC 200, ART 101, CHM 242, CHM 244, CHM 260, BIO 256, ITE 182.
- BIO 106, CHM 101, CHM 102, NAS 131 and NAS 132 cannot be used to satisfy the Science w/Laboratory in this degree program.
- Students planning to transfer as biology majors should take BIO 101/102 in their first year
- Students planning to transfer as chemistry majors should take CHM 111/112 in their first year
- BIO 141/142 are recommended for students planning to transfer in pre-professional programs such as Nursing, Medicine, Dentistry, Physical Therapy or Physician Assistant programs.
- List of courses that fulfill the requirement for Humanities, Social Science, Mathematics, and Science w/Laboratory Electives can be found in the Science Degree Requirements.
- To meet the Humanities Elective requirement for this program, no more than one introductory foreign language course (101 or 102 level) may be used.
Printable Science Degree Requirements.