Degree Type:Associate of Applied Science Degree
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- CTE (Career & technical education programs for job training)
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Radiography at Piedmont Virginia Community College prepares you for entry-level jobs in radiography in which you administer x-ray exams to individuals in hospitals, doctors' offices or clinics. Graduates of the program will be eligible to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) exam for certification.
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Radiologic Technologist
Additional Program Information:
After applying to PVCC, students must also Apply to the Radiography Program. Completion of general education courses is one criteria used to make admissions decisions. The application for the Radiography Program is now closed for Fall 2016 and will reopen on February 1, 2017 for Fall 2017 admission.
Pre-Admission Advising Sessions for the Fall 2017 class will be held on the dates below. To sign up, please click on one of the dates.
- Thursday, November 10th, 2 - 3:30 pm, Main Bldg Rm 850
- Thursday, December 8th, 2 - 3:30 pm, Main Bldg Rm 850
Or, click here to view a pre-recorded session.
Students entering the Radiography degree program are required to take one Writing Intensive Course in order to graduate. The Writing Intensive Course for this program is RAD 240, which has a prerequisite of ENG 111 and ENG 112. Students who are awarded transfer academic credit for this course at another institution may fulfill the Writing Intensive Course (WIC) requirement for this degree program by completing another Writing Intensive Course (WIC).
- The humanities elective for Radiography has been prescribed to either PHI 220 or PHI 227. Should a student request another elective to satisfy the humanities requirement, permission is given only by the Dean of Health and Life Sciences.
- Introductory (101 or 102 level) foreign language courses will not meet the humanities elective requirement for this program.
For more information on the radiologic sciences, visit:
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists
- Virginia Society of Radiologic Technologists
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
Printable Radiography Degree Requirements