Degree Type:Associate of Applied Science Degree
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- CTE (Career & technical education programs for job training)
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Radiography at Piedmont Virginia Community College prepares you for entry-level jobs in radiography in which you administer x-ray exams to individuals in hospitals, doctors' offices or clinics. Graduates of the program will be eligible to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) exam for certification.
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Radiologic Technologist
Additional Program Information:
After applying to PVCC, students must also Apply to the Radiography Program. Completion of general education courses is one criteria used to make admissions decisions. The application for the Radiography Program is now open for Fall 2016 and will close on June 1, 2016.
Students entering the Radiography degree program are required to take one Writing Intensive Course in order to graduate. The Writing Intensive Course for this program is RAD 240, which has a prerequisite of ENG 111 and ENG 112. Students who are awarded transfer academic credit for this course at another institution may fulfill the Writing Intensive Course (WIC) requirement for this degree programs by completing another Writing Intensive Course (WIC).
- List of courses that fulfill the requirement for Humanities and Social Science Electives can be found in the Radiography Degree Requirements.
- Introductory (101 or 102 level) foreign language courses will not meet the humanities elective requirement for this program.
For more information on the radiologic sciences, visit:
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists
- Virginia Society of Radiologic Technologists
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
Printable Radiography Degree Requirements