Degree Type:Associate of Applied Science Degree
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- CTE (Career & technical education programs for job training)
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Police Science at Piedmont Virginia Community College prepares you for an entry-level job and career in law enforcement and related occupations, or may be useful for the experienced law enforcement officer.
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Corrections Officer
- Government Support
- Police Patrol Officer
- Private Investigator
- Security Officer
- Sheriff's Patrol Officer
- Transit & Railroad Police
Additional Program Information:
Students entering the Police Science Associate degree program are required to take one Writing Intensive Course in order to graduate. The Writing Intensive Course for this program is ADJ 236, which has a prerequisite of ENG 111 and ENG 112. Students who are awarded transfer academic credit for this course at another institution may fulfill the Writing Intensive Course (WIC) requirement for this degree programs by completing another Writing Intensive Course (WIC)
- Students may substitute a higher-level math course to include MTH 152, 157, 163, 164, 173, 180, or 240
- List of courses that fulfill the requirement for Humanities and Social Science Electives can be found in the Police Science Degree Requirements
- Introductory (101 or 102 level) foreign language courses will not meet the humanities elective requirement for this program.
- A maximum of eight semester hours of ADJ 290 Internship may be taken.
- Approved ADJ electives include ADJ 115, 116, 133, 140, 161, 227, and 232.
Printable Police Science Degree Requirements