Degree Type:Associate of Applied Science Degree
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- CTE (Career & technical education programs for job training)
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Nursing at Piedmont Virginia Community College prepares graduates to be contributing members of the health-care team, providing direct patient care as beginning practitioners of professional nursing in structured-care settings such as hospitals, nursing homes, doctors' offices, clinics and schools. Graduates will be eligible to take the NCLEX-RN Examination required for licensure as a registered nurse (RN).
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
Additional Program Information:
- The application for the Nursing program for fall 2017 is now open and will close on February 15, 2017.
- The application for the LPN to RN Transition program for spring 2017 is now closed and will re-open on July 1, 2017.
Information sessions have now ended for the Fall 2017 admissions class. If you have specific questions, please feel free to contact the program director, Ann Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students entering the Nursing degree program are required to take one Writing Intensive Course in order to graduate. The Writing Intensive Course for this program is NUR 201, which has a prerequisite of ENG 112. Students who are awarded transfer academic credit for this course at another institution may fulfill the Writing Intensive Course (WIC) requirement for this degree program by completing another Writing Intensive Course (WIC).
- List of courses that fulfill the requirement for the Humanities Elective can be found in the Nursing Degree Requirements
- Completion of general education courses is one criteria used to make admissions decisions.
Printable Nursing Degree Requirements