Degree Type:Associate of Applied Science Degree
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- CTE (Career & technical education programs for job training)
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Management at Piedmont Virginia Community College prepares you for an entry-level management job. Individuals presently working in the management field who are seeking additional knowledge and skills may benefit from this program.
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Administrative Assistant
- Construction Manager
- Department Head
- Management Trainee
- Manager of Small Business
- Office Manager
Additional Program Information:
Students entering the Management Associate degree program are required to take one Writing Intensive Course in order to graduate. The Writing Intensive Course for this program is BUS 200, which has a prerequisite of ENG 111 and ENG 112. Students who are awarded transfer academic credit for this course at another institution may fulfill the Writing Intensive Course (WIC) requirement for this degree programs by completing another Writing Intensive Course (WIC).
- Students may substitute a higher-level math course to include MTH 152, 163, 164, 173, 174, 180, 271, 279 or 286.
- List of courses that fulfill the requirement for Humanities and Social Science Electives can be found in the false.
- Students who have taken MTH 163 or 180 or who have sufficiently high assessment test scores may substitute MTH 240.
- Approved electives may include ACC 221, ACC 222, ACC 231, ACC 241, ADJ 131, ADJ 133, AST 243 and ITE 150
- Introductory (101 or 102 level) foreign language courses will not meet the humanities elective requirement for this program.
Printable Management Degree Requirements