Degree Type:Associate of Applied Science Degree
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- CTE (Career & technical education programs for job training)
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Information Systems Technology at Piedmont Virginia Community College prepares you for a job in a computer-related field. Individuals seeking their first IT job or those presently working in the field who desire a promotion may benefit from this program. It is not intended for transfer to a four-year college or university.
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Accounts Receivable/Payable
- Application Specialist
- Computer Specialist
- Data Warehousing
- Support Technician
- System Design
- Technical Trainer
Additional Program Information:
Students entering the Information Systems Technology degree program are required to take a Writing Intensive Course in order to graduate. The Writing Intensive course for this degree program is ITE 182. ITE 182 has prerequisites of CSC 110, ITN 101, ETR 164, ITN 106, ETR 149, and ENG 112. Students who are awarded transfer academic credit for this course from another institution may fulfill the Writing Intensive Course (WIC) requirement for this degree program by completing another Writing Intensive Course (WIC).
- Students may substitute a higher-level math course to include MTH 152, 157, 163, 164, 173, 180, or 240
- List of courses that fulfill the requirement for the Humanities Elective can be found in the Information Systems Technology Degree Requirements.
- Introductory (101 or 102 level) foreign language courses will not meet the humanities elective requirement for this program.
- Approved IT Technical electives: ITN 170, ITN 208, ITN 260, ITN 261, ITN 276, ITP 132, ITP 136, ITP 140, ITP 141, ITP 220.