Degree Type:Associate of Science Degree
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- Transfer Degree
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
The Associate of Science degree in Engineering at Piedmont Virginia Community College prepares you for transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor's degree in engineering. PVCC has guaranteed transfer agreements with top colleges and universities that guarantee admission to PVCC graduates who meet specific academic transfer criteria.
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Engineering Manager
- Materials Scientist
- Operations Research Analyst
Additional Program Information:
Students entering all transfer degree programs are required to take one Writing Intensive Course, which has a prerequisite of ENG 111 and ENG 112, in order to graduate. Approved Writing Intensive Courses are specified with a "WI" section designation.
- List of courses that fulfill the requirement for Humanities Elective and Social Science Elective can be found in the Engineering Degree Requirements.
- To meet the Humanities Elective requirement for this program, no more than one introductory foreign language course (101 or 102 level) may be used.
- Engineering Elective: Students must choose from the list of 200-level EGR courses. Students are advised to consult with the intended transfer institution before choosing the Engineering Elective.
- Techinical Elective: Approved Technical Electives are: CHM 112 College Chemistry II, CSC 201 Computer Science I, or MTH 279 Ordinary Differential Equations. Students are advised to check with the intended transfer institution before choosing the Technical Elective.
- The Bachelor of Science degree in engineering at most four-year institutions will require specific engineering and technical electives at the freshman and sophomore level. Students should consult with the engineering program liaison or engineering advisor at the earliest possible date to acquaint themselves with the requirements of the engineering program of the intended transfer college or university. Student choice should be based on the requirements of four-year college or university to which student plans on transferring.
Printable Engineering Degree Requirements.