Degree Type:Associate of Applied Science Degree
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- CTE (Career & technical education programs for job training)
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Emergency Medical Services prepares you to offer pre-hospital care as a paramedic under structured guidelines in emergency situations.
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Ambulance Services
- Community Emergency Response Agencies
- Hospitals, Emergency Rooms
- Public Fire Rescue Agencies
Additional Program Information:
After applying to PVCC, students must also Apply to the Emergency Medical Services Program. Completion of general education courses is one criteria used to make admissions decisions. The deadline for applying to the EMS program for fall 2014 is April 15, 2014.
Students entering the Emergency Medical Services degree program are required to take one Writing Intensive Course in order to graduate. The Writing Intensive Course for this program is EMS 201, which has a prerequisite of ENG 111 and ENG 112. Students who are awarded transfer academic credit for this course at another institution may fulfill the Writing Intensive Course (WIC) requirement for this program by completing another Writing Intensive Course (WIC).
- BIO 141-142 are recommended for students planning to transfer to another health science related program.
- List of courses that fulfill the requirement for Humanities and Social Science Elective can be found in the Emergency Medical Services Degree Requirements. PSY 230 is highly recommended.
- Introductory (101 or 102 level) foreign language courses will not meet the Humanities Elective requirement for this program.