Degree Type:Associate of Science Degree
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- Transfer Degree
The Associate of Science degree in Education prepares you for transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor's degree in a particular subject and then to enter the teaching field or apply for graduate-level studies. PVCC has guaranteed transfer agreements with top colleges and universities that guarantee admission to PVCC graduates who meet specific academic transfer criteria.
Guaranteed Transfer Option: Students who wish to attend James Madison University for licensure programs may participate in a special agreement that results in guaranteed transfer if students maintain a 3.0 GPA and complete the Special Curriculum for JMU. Contact the Admissions & Advising Center for more information.
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Education Administrator
- Instructional Coordinator
- Special Education Teacher
- Vocational Education Teacher
Additional Program Information:
Students entering all transfer degree programs are required to take one Writing Intensive Course, which has a prerequisite of ENG 111 and ENG 112, in order to graduate. Approved Writing Intensive Courses are specified with a "WI" section designation.
- ART/MUS Elective: Students may select from ART 101, ART 102, MUS 121, or MUS 122 based on their intended transfer college or university.
- Literature: Choice one course from the following options: ENG 241, 242, 243, 244, 251, 252, 253, 254, or 255.
- Students should choose an elective based on their intended transfer college or university.
- Students should choose the lab science based on their intended transfer college or university.
Printable Education Degree Requirements.