Degree Type:Associate of Science Degree
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- Transfer Degree
The Associate of Science degree in Education prepares you for transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor's degree in a particular subject and then to enter the teaching field or apply for graduate-level studies. PVCC has guaranteed transfer agreements with top colleges and universities that guarantee admission to PVCC graduates who meet specific academic transfer criteria.
Guaranteed Transfer Option: Students who wish to attend James Madison University for licensure programs may participate in a special agreement that results in guaranteed transfer if students maintain a 3.0 GPA and complete the Special Curriculum for JMU. Contact the Admissions & Advising Center for more information.
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Education Administrator
- Instructional Coordinator
- Special Education Teacher
- Vocational Education Teacher
Additional Program Information:
Graduation Requirement: Students entering all transfer degree programs are required to take one Writing Intensive Course in order to graduate. The Writing Intensive Course prerequisites are ENG 111 and ENG 112. Approved Writing Intensive Courses (sections MUST be specified): ENG 242, ENG 253, ENG 243, HUM 201/202, PHI 100, HIS 101, SOC 200, ART 101, CHM 242, CHM 244, CHM 260, BIO 256, ITE 182.
- ART/MUS Elective: Students may select from ART 101, ART 102, MUS 121, or MUS 122 based on their intended transfer college or university.
- Literature: Choice one course from the following options: ENG 241, 242, 243, 244, 251, 252, 253, 254, or 255.
- Students should choose an elective based on their intended transfer college or university.
- Students should choose the lab science based on their intended transfer college or university.
Printable Education Degree Requirements.