Degree Type:Associate of Applied Science Degree
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- CTE (Career & technical education programs for job training)
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography prepares you for an entry-level job through a combination of classes taught on campus and hands-on instruction and application of knowledge and skills at multiple clinical sites throughout PVCC's service region. Graduates of this program are eligible to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Sonography Certification Exam.
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Medical & Diagnostic Laboratories
- Medical & Surgical Hospitals
- Offices of Physicians
Additional Program Information:
After applying to PVCC, students must also Apply to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program. Completion of general education courses is one criteria used to make admissions decisions.
Students entering the Diagnostic Medical Sonography degree program are required to take one Writing Intensive Course in order to graduate. The Writing Intensive Course for this program is DMS 222, which has a prerequisite of ENG 111 and ENG 112. Students who are awarded transfer academic credit for this course at another institution may fulfill the Writing Intensive Course (WIC) requirement for this degree programs by completing another Writing Intensive Course (WIC).
- Students may substitute a higher-level math course to include: MTH 163, MTH 173, MTH 174, or MTH 180
- List of courses that fulfill the requirement for Humanities and Social Science Electives can be found in the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Degree Requirements.
- Introductory (101 or 102 level) foreign language courses will not meet the humanities elective requirement for this program.
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Information Sessions
- May 12, 2014, 5 p.m., room M229 (Auditorium)
- June 16, 2014, 5 p.m., room M229 (Auditorium)
- July 16, 2014, 5 p.m., room M229 (Auditorium)
- August 28, 2014, 5 p.m., room M814 (Pace Board Room)