Degree Type:Career Studies Certificate
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- CTE (Career & technical education programs for job training)
The Building Trades I Career Studies Certificate at Piedmont Virginia Community College prepares you for an entry-level job in the construction industry. It is also perfect for someone who currently has a construction-related job and wants to be promoted. After completing the Building Trades I, consider completing Building Trades II to enhance your career.
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- HVAC Specialist
Additional Program Information:
Building Trades I Electives
- AIR 116 Duct Construction and Maintenance 3 HVAC&R
- AIR 281 Energy Management I 3 Energy Audit & Weatherization
- BLD 135 Building Construction Carpentry 3 Carpentry
- BLD 140 Principles of Plumbing Trade I 3 Plumbing
- BLD 147 Principles of Block and Bricklaying 3 Masonry
- ELE 100 Electrical – Electronic Skills & Concepts 4 Electrical
Printable Building Trades I Certificate Requirements.