Degree Type:Associate of Arts Degree
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- Transfer Degree
The Associate of Arts degree in Visual and Performing Arts - Art Specialization at Piedmont Virginia Community College prepares you for transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor's degree. PVCC has guaranteed transfer agreements with top colleges and universities that guarantee admission to PVCC graduates who meet specific academic transfer criteria. This program also serves the needs of artists who wish to improve their skills and broaden their knowledge in the fine arts.
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Art Director
- Art Teacher
- Craft Artist
- Fine Artist
- Multi-Media Artist
- Museum Technician
Additional Program Information:
Students entering all transfer degree programs are required to take one Writing Intensive Course, which has a prerequisite of ENG 111 and ENG 112, in order to graduate. Approved Writing Intensive Courses are specified with a "WI" section designation.
- Art Elective: Students should complete a full year of studio art. Studio courses are ART 121, 122 and ART 131, 132.
- Foreign Language Elective: Students may test for advanced placement into the second year of some foreign languages. However, if a student places out of a level of foreign language, the student does not earn college credit for that particular level.
- Humanities, Social Science, Mathematics, and Science with Laboratory Electives: A list of courses that fulfill these elective requirements can be found in the false.
- Social Science Elective: Students who wish to transfer to the University of Virginia must take the two social science courses from different departments.
- Humanities and Foreign Language Electives: Students are advised to complete course work designed to match their area of interest and transfer requirements. Students who wish to transfer to the University of Virginia must take three semester hours (3) of literature, religion, or philosophy in addition to their art courses. Students who wish to transfer to the University of Virginia or the College of William and Mary need to take a foreign language through the 202 level.
Printable Art Degree Requirements