Degree Type:Associate of Applied Science Degree
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- CTE (Career & technical education programs for job training)
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Accounting at Piedmont Virginia Community College is designed for persons who seek employment in accounting positions. Individuals who are seeking their first accounting-related position or those presently in the field who are seeking additional knowledge and skills may benefit from this degree program.
Jobs this program prepares you for:
- Accounting Technician
- Accounting Trainee
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Junior Accountant
- Retail Manager
or Physical Ed Elective
Additional Program Information:
Students entering the Accounting Associate degree program are required to take one Writing Intensive Course (WIC) in order to graduate. The WIC for this program is BUS 200, which has a prerequisite of ENG 111 and ENG 112. Students who are awarded transfer academic credit for this course at another institution may fulfill the WIC requirement for this degree program by completing another WIC.
- Students may substitute a higher-level math course to include MTH 152, 157, 163, 164, 173, 180, 271 or 277
- Students who have taken MTH 163 or 180 or who have sufficiently high assessment test scores may substitute MTH 240.
- Approved Social Science Electives: ACC 241, ADJ 133, AST 243, CSC 110, BUS 202, MKT 100 and ITE 150.
- Introductory (101 or 102 level) foreign language courses will not meet the humanities elective requirement for this program.
Printable Accounting Degree Requirements