Fall Credit Classes Tuition Payment Deadlines
Classes you registered for will be dropped if the deadline is missed. See tuition rates.
|If you register for
fall classes between:
|The deadline to pay your tuition is:|
|March 31-July 22||Tuesday, July 22, by 4:00 p.m. on campus or 11:59 p.m. online|
|July 23-Aug. 1||Friday, Aug. 1, by 11 a.m. on campus or 11:59 p.m. online|
|Aug. 2-8||Friday, Aug. 8, by 11 a.m. on campus or 11:59 p.m. online|
|Aug. 9-15||Friday, Aug. 15, by 4 p.m. on campus or 11:59 p.m. online|
|Aug. 16-20||Wednesday, Aug. 20, by 4 p.m. on campus or 11:59 p.m. online|
|Aug. 21 or later||At the time of registration on campus or online|
Payments may be made at the PVCC Cashier's Office in the Main Building (room M237) and online through MyPVCC.
Note: Tuition and fees are subject to change by the State Board for Community Colleges.
Exception for Students Receiving Financial Aid
The payment deadline noted above does not apply if your awarded scholarships or other financial aid pays all tuition and fees due. If your financial aid does not cover all of your tuition and fees, you will need to pay the difference. You must pay the balance online or in person to prevent classes from being dropped that are not covered by financial aid. All financial aid is credited directly to your financial aid account, then tuition and fees are deducted from that account when you register for classes. (You can view your financial aid account through MyPVCC.) If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
Unpaid Tuition/Account Balance
If you register for classes and do not pay your tuition by deadline, you will be dropped from the classes. Students enrolling after the initial tuition deadline should be prepared to pay tuition at the time of enrollment. Nonpayment includes:
- Students who are enrolled and have unpaid balances on their account for the term.
- Students who expect to qualify for financial aid but their application has not been approved and the anticipated financial aid award has not been posted to their student account.
- Students whose tuition will be paid by a third party but the third party organization has not submitted an authorization to the cashier's office to allow charges.
- Students whose tuition was paid by insufficient funds check or dishonored credit/debit card
- ALL SERVICES SHALL BE WITHHELD FROM A STUDENT WHO OWES MONEY TO THE COLLEGE FOR ANY REASON OR WHO HAS BOOKS OR MATERIALS OUTSTANDING FROM THE COLLEGE.
The college will assess a $35.00 service charge for handling returned checks or dishonored credit/debit cards. If payment is not received within due date established by the Business Office the fee will increase to $50.00.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Pay tuition online using MyPVCC and Quikpay:
- Log into MyPVCC.
- Click Student Center. If you see the message that you have no charges at this time, Click Account Inquiry.
- Click Go to QuikPay.
- Complete payment information.
- Click Next.
- View Payment Summary to confirm payment.
- Click Submit.
- Click View Confirmed Payment button to view and print payment confirmation and retain as documentation.
Make sure that your preferences have been set to PVCC, otherwise you may not be able to see the balance due.
If you are unable to access QuikPay, you may need to allow Popup Blockers for this website.
Please email the BusinessOffice@pvcc.edu or call 434.961.5211 if you experience difficulty using QuikPay.