How to Apply for Financial Aid
Full and part-time students who are enrolled in a program of study at PVCC may apply for financial aid to take credit classes. Noncredit and audited classes are ineligible for financial aid.
Follow these two steps and observe the deadlines noted below.
- Obtain a Federal Student Aid PIN (personal identification number) at https://pin.ed.gov. This is used as your electronic signature to sign your FAFSA.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov and use the PVCC school code 009928 on the application. It typically takes several days for the U.S. Department of Education to process your FAFSA and send you a Student Aid Report (SAR) based on the information that you supplied. PVCC will inform you via an Award Letter sent through the U.S. mail if you qualify to receive financial aid.
Although you can file the online FAFSA anytime, it is best to complete the FAFSA prior to May 1 of the year that you plan to attend PVCC. Further, we recommend these deadlines:
- Aid for Summer 2014 Semester: Complete the 2013-2014 FASFA and submit a PVCC summer aid form to the Financial Aid Office by April 11. You may submit the form after that date, but forms received by April 11 will be given priority processing.
- Aid for Fall 2014 Semester: Complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA in the spring, before May 1. (NOTE! We cannot guarantee financial aid will be in place for a FAFSA received after Aug. 1.)
- Aid for Spring 2015 Semester: Complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA in the fall, before Thanksgiving.