Financial Aid Course Audit (FACA)
PVCC has adopted the Financial Aid Course Audit (FACA), a new system (not a new rule) that allows us to inform you shortly after you register whether any of your course selections are ineligible for financial aid. Our hope is that by providing you this information in advance, you will be able to better plan your academic career, select courses that apply to your program, and complete your degree or certificate in a timelier fashion. To see our flyer click here or for more detailed instructions click here.
Super Saturday FAFSA Workshops
Need help completing your 2017-2018 FAFSA? Attend a Super Saturday FAFSA Workshop The events are free and open to the public. For details click here.
Need Child Care While Attending the Spring Semester?
You may be eligible for a child-care subsidy to help pay for care expenses. More details here.
24/7 Financial Aid Support
PVCC Students now have access to financial aid support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. A support specialist will answer your questions when you call 1.855.877.3941 or visit http://mysupport.pvcc.edu. The guide to navigate the student support website can be found here. For additional information click here.
Important information to parents, if you are calling to inquire about specific account information for your son or daughter, please have them on the line with you. If this is not possible, we will be able to speak about general information or processes only. Since educational records are protected from third-party disclosure by federal law, if it becomes necessary to get into account-specific details we will be pleased to refer you to a specialist that can determine if information can be released. Referrals are typically responded to within 1-3 business days.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Full and part-time students who are enrolled in a program of study at PVCC may apply for financial aid to take credit classes. Noncredit and audited classes are ineligible for financial aid.
Follow these two steps and observe the deadlines noted below.
- Obtain a Federal Student Aid ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov. This is used as your electronic signature to sign your FAFSA.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov and use the PVCC school code 009928 on the application. It typically takes several days for the U.S. Department of Education to process your FAFSA and send you a Student Aid Report (SAR) based on the information that you supplied. PVCC will inform you via an Award Letter sent through the U.S. mail if you qualify to receive financial aid.
Although you can file the online FAFSA anytime, it is best to complete the FAFSA prior to May 1 of the year that you plan to attend PVCC. Further, we recommend these deadlines:
- Aid for Spring 2017 Semester: Complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA. Priority filing date is October 1.
- Aid for Summer 2017 Semester: Complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA.
- Beginning October 1 you can complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA application for the Fall 2017, Spring 2018, and Summer 2018 semesters.
Types of Financial Aid