24/7 Financial Aid Support
PVCC students now have access to financial aid support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. A support specialist will answer your questions when you call 1.855.877.3941 or visit http://mysupport.pvcc.edu. The guide to navigate the student support website can be found here. For additional information click here.
Important information to parents, if you are calling to inquire about specific account information for your son or daughter, please have them on the line with you. If this is not possible, we will be able to speak about general information or processes only. Since educational records are protected from third-party disclosure by federal law, if it becomes necessary to get into account-specific details we will be pleased to refer you to a specialist that can determine if information can be released. Referrals are typically responded to within 1-3 business days.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Full and part-time students who are enrolled in a program of study at PVCC may apply for financial aid to take credit classes. Noncredit and audited classes are ineligible for financial aid.
Follow these two steps and observe the deadlines noted below.
- Obtain a Federal Student Aid ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov. This is used as your electronic signature to sign your FAFSA.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov and use the PVCC school code 009928 on the application. It typically takes several days for the U.S. Department of Education to process your FAFSA and send you a Student Aid Report (SAR) based on the information that you supplied. PVCC will inform you via an Award Letter sent through the U.S. mail if you qualify to receive financial aid.
Although you can file the online FAFSA anytime, it is best to complete the FAFSA prior to May 1 of the year that you plan to attend PVCC. Further, we recommend these deadlines:
- Aid for Spring 2016 Semester: Complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA.
- Aid for Summer 2016 Semester: Complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA. Priority filing date is April 15.
- Aid for Fall 2016 Semester: Complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA. Priority filing date is May 1.
Types of Financial Aid
Need Child Care While Attending the Summer Semester?
You may be eligible for a child-care subsidy to help pay for care expenses. More details here.