PVCC will participate in a statewide tornado drill on Tuesday, March 21, 2017. The drill will take place at 9:45 a.m. All buildings on the Main Campus will be involved in the Tornado Drill. This includes the Main Building, the Keats Science Building, the Dickinson Building, and the Stultz Center. In addition, PVCC satellite centers at the Jefferson School Center and the Giuseppe Center in Greene County will also be participating. All faculty, staff, and students are required to take part in the drill.
The drill will commence with an announcement sent out via the campus PA system. Alerts will also be sent out via the Alertus desktop computer notification system, PVCC's social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter, and the college website. Please note that the e2campus emergency alert text system will NOT be used for this drill.
Once the drill has been announced, students, staff, and faculty are expected to take shelter in a designated shelter area. Designated areas include:
- Dickinson Building (400 College Drive):
- Rooms: D102, D106, D129, D130, D132, D222, D223, D226
- Keats Science Building (490 College Drive):
- Upper and Lower Level Hallways; Restrooms
- Main Building (501 College Drive):
- Rooms: M155, M158, M159, M160, M174, M175, M248, M249, M251, M607, M701, M813, M822, M823, M832, M834, M849, M850
- Stultz Center (600 College Drive):
- Rooms: S100, S101, S109, S111, S113, S119, S131
Instructions for the drill will be sent out via PVCC email and can be found on the “PVCC Emergency Procedures” poster displayed in each classroom on Main Campus and throughout all campus buildings.
For more information about the statewide drill, visit www.vaemergency.gov/news-local/statewide-drills. For a full list of college emergency procedures, visit www.pvcc.edu/student-services/security-safety/emergency-procedures.