The Financial Aid Office at Piedmont Virginia Community College is sponsoring Super Saturdays, a monthly workshop that provides assistance completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Completing the FAFSA is the first step toward getting federal student financial aid for anyone attending college between August 2017 and August 2018.
The first workshop will be held on Saturday, Jan. 28, from 9 a.m. to noon, in room M154, located in the Main Building on PVCC’s Main Campus in Charlottesville. Students and parents are asked to create an FSA ID at http://fsaid.ed.gov before attending the workshop.
To complete the FAFSA during the workshop, students and parents must bring the following:
- Copy of 2015 1040, 1040A or 1040 EZ income tax return(s) of parents and students
- All W2 wage statements and/or 1099 form(s)
- Net worth from parents’ current business or investments
- The month and year parents were married, separated or divorced
- If applicable, child support received or paid, workers compensation, social security, disability amount(s) received or other sources of income
- Alien Registration number from resident card if not a U.S. citizen
Additional Super Saturday workshops are scheduled:
- Feb. 25
- March 25
- April 29
- May 27
- June 24
- July 29