For larger font and white text on a black background click here.
How to use EBSCO for the Blind and Visually Impaired
If you would like to search EBSCO using JAWS, please go to the following link:
If you would like to search EBSCO directly, follow the steps below:
- From the library's home page (www.pvcc.edu/library/), click the EBSCO link.
- EBSCO will open in a secondary window.
- Choose a database to search by clicking on the database title link, or click Select/deselect all checkbox to search all the databases at the same time. Then click Continue to begin your search.
- Type your search terms (keywords) in the textbox(s), and click the Search button to the right.
- The results are listed in order of relevancy.
- If you get too many results, use the options that appear to the left of the results to refine your search. If you need assistance with your search, please call 434.961.5309 to speak with a librarian or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the search results click on the title of the article to view a list of subjects. (Use these listed terms to search for additional related articles.)
- Click on HTML Full Text and/or PDF Full Text to read the whole article.
- If a full text version is not available in EBSCO, click on LincIt - this page will open a new window. You will be taken directly to the full-text article in another database or informed that PVCC does not have access to the complete article.
- You may request an article not available in a full-text version through the Interlibrary Loan form available on the library's home page. (The link is located on the left-side menu.) Enter in the required information on the form and click Submit.
- The article will arrive in approximately one or two days. You will receive an email informing you that the article is available for pickup at the PVCC Jessup Library.