The Assignment feature is a common way to submit documents to your instructor.
When your instructor posts an Assignment the item title becomes a hyperlink.
When you click the link a form appears:
Section 1: Assignment Information contains:
- The name of the Assignment
- Assignment Instructions
- Due Date (if specified)
- Total Points Possible
Section 2: Assignment Materials contains:
- Submission text box: This is where you would type your assignment if it is to be entered directly into blackboard.
- Attach File: This is good for submitting papers or other exhibits. Choose your file by clicking the Browse for Local File button.
- Attached Files: Shows you what files you have attached.
NEW in Blackboard 9: You can attach multiple files!
- Comments: Write any comments to your instructor in this field.
Section 3: Submit:
- Once you have completed your assignment and chosen/attached your file(s) click Submit to send the file to your instructor.
- Alternately, you may choose Save as Draft to save the assignment as it is and come back to complete it later. No files are sent to your instructor at this point. You must click Submit to complete the assignment.
- Click Cancel to ditch the whole thing and start over without submitting anything.
Note: The filename of any file submitted must include only letters, numbers, hyphens and underscores (no spaces or other characters) and end with a file extension (example, .doc, .ppt)
If you submit the wrong file you may need to contact your instructor and ask them to "clear the attempt" for you. Instructors now have the option to allow multiple attempts, however, so you may be able to resubmit an assignment. It is a best practice, though, to let your instructor know what is going on.
When your instructor has graded your submission you can see the grade, along with any comments, by clicking the Title again or by checking the My Grades area of Blackboard.