Piedmont Virginia Community College (PVCC) provides its Web site, catalog, handbooks, printed and digital class schedules and any other printed materials or electronic media, for your general guidance. PVCC does not guarantee that the information contained within them, including, but not limited to, the contents of any page that resides under the Domain Naming System (DNS) registrations of www.pvcc.edu, www.facebook.com/PiedmontVaCC, www.twitter.com/PiedmontVaCC, or www.youtube.com/PVCCVIRGINIA, are up-to-date, complete and accurate. Individuals assume any risks associated with relying upon such information without checking other credible sources, such as an advisor in PVCC's Admissions and Advising Center. Links to other materials and Web sites provided in these sources are also for information purposes only and do not constitute PVCC's endorsement of products or services referenced in such materials.
In addition, a student's or prospective student's reliance upon information contained within these sources, or individual program catalogs, handbooks, printed or digital class schedules, or other printed materials or electronic media, when making academic decisions does not constitute, and should not be construed as, a contract with PVCC. Further, PVCC reserves the right to make changes to any provision or requirement within these sources, as well as changes to any curriculum or program, whether during a student's enrollment or otherwise.
We strongly encourage current and prospective students to confer with an advisor in PVCC's Admissions and Advising Center for the most credible information about the College's programs and services.
PVCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, disability, veteran status, gender, age or sexual orientation in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Vice President for Instruction and Student Services, 501 College Dr., Charlottesville, VA 22902; 434.961.5206.
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia and of Piedmont Virginia Community College that personal information about citizens will be collected only to the extent necessary to provide required services or benefits, that only appropriate information will be collected and that citizens shall understand the reasons information is collected and be able to examine their personal records which are maintained by a public body.
This Web site:
- Collects no personal information.
- Does not place a "cookie" on your computer.
- Will not track your movements through the Web site.
Questions or comments concerning the content of this Web site may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Release of Information About Students
PVCC complies with FERPA, the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, when releasing information about students. The following directory information will be released: name, address, telephone listing, electronic email address, date of birth, dates of attendance, honors earned, programs of enrollment and degrees and the diplomas or certificates earned.
As a PVCC student, you have the ability to maintain the privacy of your record through your student MyPVCC account. If you do not want PVCC to disclose information from your educational records without your prior written consent, you must utilize MyPVCC to restrict your information. Instructions for restricting any or all of your information are below.
If you have any questions regarding the privacy of your student record, please contact the Admissions & Advising Center at 434.961.6551 or email@example.com.
How to Set Your Privacy Settings Online Through MyPVCC
- Navigate to the PVCC Web site - www.pvcc.edu.
- Click the MyPVCC link.
- Click the Self Service link.
- Click the Campus Personal Information link.
- Click the Privacy Settings link.
- Click the green box that is labeled Edit FERPA/Directory Restrictions
- Here you will see all of the types of student information- email, address, etc. If there is any information that you wish to be withheld from any outside agency/organization, you must click the box beside that particular type of information.
- Once you have completed your privacy settings, please click the SAVE button.
- Please note: once you save this information PVCC will not release your restricted items unless you provide written permission to do so. Please keep this in mind if you know that someone/some agency will be verifying any of your educational information.
** FYI - This is where students go to update addresses and telephone numbers when/if they change.