Connecting Commerce to Classroom
PIEDMONT FUTURES engages local businesses and organizations in the career education of K-12 public school students in Albemarle, Charlottesville, Greene and Nelson. Our mission is to promote personal and academic success for all students through regional business and industry involvement in K-12 education and to build a community of responsible and productive citizens for the 21st Century.
- Offer students career exploration opportunities on a regional scale.
- Strengthen existing business-education collaborations and facilitate new partnerships.
- Create a community focus on career education to build a stronger workforce for tomorrow.
|Middle Schools||7th Grade Explore Careers Day|
|High Schools||10th Grade BizKid$ Career Pathways Expo|
Piedmont Futures promotes students' personal, academic and career success through business,
industry and higher education involvement in K-12 career education;
building a community of responsible and productive citizens for the 21st century.
Public School System Partners
- Albemarle County
- Charlottesville City
- Greene County
- Nelson County
10th Grade BizKid$ Career Pathways Expo
Nov. 2 & 3, 2016
7th Grade Explore Careers Day
March 13 & 14, 2017
*NEW* Early College On-Ramp Program
February 23 – April 27
Spring Classes for 14-to 17-year-olds (noncredit)
- Expository Writing and Critical Reading
- Introduction to Physics and Math Concepts
- Introduction to College Learning
Enrollment limited. First come, first served.
Download spring class descriptions here.