Transfer Opportunities

You can earn an associate degree at PVCC and then transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor's degree if you meet transfer grade and credit requirements. You can also take classes at PVCC without pursuing a degree and then transfer. We have Guaranteed Admission Agreements with most colleges and universities in Virginia. PVCC also partners with Mary Baldwin, Old Dominion and the University of Virginia, each of which offers bachelor’s degree transfer programs designed especially for adult students who want to continue their education in the Charlottesville area. More details here.

The following transfer degree programs at PVCC offer the first two years of study toward a bachelor’s degree:

Associate of Art (AA) 

  • Liberal Arts
  • Visual and Performing Arts
    • Art Specialization
    • Music Specialization
    • Theatre and Drama Specialization

Associate of Science (AS)

  • Business Administration
  • Computer Science
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • General Studies
  • Physical and Natural Sciences
    • Science Specialization
    • Biotechnology Specialization

Students and prospective students may find the information resources of the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) of use in planning for college and careers. SCHEV has created an institutional profile for each Virginia public college and university, and for each independent college or university participating in the Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant Program. Our profile is available here.


Need help with your transfer application? Then come to one of the upcoming Transfer Application Help Sessions!

Transfer Application Help Sessions (Room M154 - Computer Lab):
Tuesday, January 31st 2:00 – 4:30pm
Tuesday, February 7th 2:00 – 4:30pm
Friday, February 10th 1:00 – 3:30pm
Tuesday, February 14th 2:00 – 4:30pm
Friday, February 17th 1:00 – 3:30pm
Tuesday, February 21st 2:00 – 4:30pm
Tuesday, February 28th 2:00 – 4:30pm

No appointment needed, just walk-in to work on the transfer application for your future school! (You do not need to attend the entire session; just come when you can, and stay for as long as you need.)

Frequently Asked Questions: 

Do I have to get a degree from PVCC in order to transfer to a four-year college or university?

No, you do not have to get a degree from PVCC in order to transfer; however, you are typically a more competitive student for transfer if you do earn a transfer associate degree from PVCC and you also have performed well in your coursework.  NOTE:  In order to transfer under a guaranteed admissions agreement, you are required to earn an associate degree from PVCC.