You are entitled to a waiver of tuition for credit or noncredit classes at PVCC if you meet the following criteria:
- Age 60 or older
- Have been a legal Virginia resident for at least one year
- If your income for the past taxable year did not exceed $23,850 as indicated on your state income tax form (applicable only for students taking a class on a graded basis)
This waiver does not cover expenses for instructional materials, including books and lab fees and other college costs.
Fee-Paying Students Admitted First to All Classes
Virginia law requires PVCC to accommodate all fee-paying students prior to admitting senior citizen fee-waiver students in classes and there must be a sufficient number of fee-paying students registered to run the class. Once these conditions are met, you will be seated on a space-available basis in the classes you have chosen.
You may choose to pay for a class to guarantee a seat. After the semester has begun, however, you will not be eligible to change to fee-waiver status and receive a refund.
How to Enroll as a Senior Fee-Waiver Student
Follow the steps below. If you have questions along the way, please email the Admissions & Advising Center or call 434.961.6551. We are happy to assist you.
- Apply to PVCC as outlined in the Steps to Enrollment.
- Complete a Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver for Audit/Credit form (available under the website's Forms Central or from the Admissions & Advising Center).
- Register in person for classes at the PVCC Admissions & Advising Center by the "Last Day to Register/Add/Audit" deadline as noted in the Academic Calendar and be sure to bring your completed senior citizen waiver form.
If you are a student with a disability, please see PVCC's disability services.