PVCC is the perfect place for you to supplement your home school curriculum or begin your college career early. Our smaller class sizes and dedicated, caring faculty and staff appeal to many home schooled students and their parents.
After you have applied
Once you have completed the four basic steps to enrollment, home school students must provide:
- Copy of a Home School Agreement approved by the school district or a letter declaring home school for religious exemption
- Parental consent/maturity content waiver
- Graduation date and documentation of coursework
- High school transcript if you attended high school for any length of time
- PSAT/SAT/ACT scores or take VPT English and/or math placement tests in PVCC's Testing Center, Main Building, room M607.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH OUR FIRST YEAR PROGRAMS COUNSELOR.
Get started by meeting with our First Year Programs Counselor to review your home school program, placement test scores and intended PVCC program of study. Your parents must also attend this meeting. To make the appointment, call:
PVCC Admissions & Advising Center
Main Building, Rm. M144
NOTE! Home schooled students taking PVCC classes must meet with the First Year Programs Counselor before registering each semester at PVCC. Be sure to make your appointment well in advance of the semester registration dates indicated in the Academic Calendar.